Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midline Credit Management

tag
AMil93
Established Member

Midline Credit Management

MCM purchased my charged off Synchrony - Amazon account back in March. I got a letter from them last night(07/13/2017) stating that they've made several attempts to contact me(this is my first time hearing from them) and that I have until 07/15/2017 to contact them or pay them or else they will forward the account to an attorney. From other posts, I expected an offer to settle the account or something like that. I'm going to call during my lunch break today. What is a good starting point for negotiating with this company? 15%? 20%?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Midline Credit Management

It depends on how old the account is.  If it is less than a year old, then you might be able to negoitiate 50-60 percent.  If the CO is much older, then you could talk about 40 percent or less.  Also, a lot is dependent on how close your account is to reaching the SOL. 

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Midline Credit Management

I assume you mean Midland?

If so, they have a current public policy of deleting collections if paid and the DOFD is at least two years ago.

What is the DOFD?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.