cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Dispute Process

tag
mrreynolds

My Dispute Process

Greetings, on 10.23.12 I aquired my 3 reports from Experian. I have 13 negative of which 3 are State / Federal tax related. The rest are directly from NFCU and a few CA. My FAKO's are EX 530 - EQ 552 - TU 523,  myFICO is EX 587.

I initiated an online dispute of most of the items on EX and EQ I have to use a form for TU. As of 11.01.12 EX already has a remaining for one disputed CA. In conjunction with the online dispute my letters to the CA's will be mailed on 11.01.12 certified return receipt. I have gone through this process before and it resulted in items being removed. There are six seperate letters same format, I have included a copy of one dispute letter for your review. Stay tuned. 

Dispute Letter | SmartMoney Article | New York Times Article | How NYC handles CA debt validation: NYC Dept of Consumer Affairs Pages 3 & 5

Starting Score: 800
Current Score: EQU 616
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My Dispute Process

You can certainly send that letter but a number of points within it are legally incorrect. Good luck.

Message 2 of 5
mrreynolds

That's why I'm not an attorney Smiley Very Happy but they know the specifics of what can and can't be done as per the FTC and the last two pages say's it all. Thanks.

Starting Score: 800
Current Score: EQU 616
Goal Score: 700

Message 3 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

There's alot of fluff in that letter.  Much of it is actually irrelevant.  If you decide to go the legal route, then maybe you should consult an attorney.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 5
mmmagique
Regular Contributor

Oh dear...

There's a name for that type of letter. But somehow, I don't think that's what you were going for. 

OP, if you're going to cite the law, you must understand it first. Otherwise, your letters will not be taken seriously. 

In the garden until May 2022!!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.