Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

N.A.R. Inc

tag
echoguy32
Valued Member

N.A.R. Inc

Has anyone had any PFD luck with these guys North American Recovery Inc (NAR Inc)?  OC (RC Willey ) is reporting as well as NAR.

On 2nd deletion letter about to send 3rd deletion letter. Next step DV?

Thanks again!

Starting Score: 05/15/2011 TU 565 EQ 562
Current Score (MYFICO): 6/25/2012 TU 670 EQ 660
Wallet: NFCU Visa 15k, Amex Green NPSL, Discover 1.2k, USAA MC 2K, USAA 1.5k
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: N.A.R. Inc

@echoguy32 wrote:
Has anyone had any PFD luck with these guys North American Recovery Inc (NAR Inc)?  OC (RC Willey ) is reporting as well as NAR.

On 2nd deletion letter about to send 3rd deletion letter. Next step DV?

Thanks again!

NAR sounds familiar, but never had to deal with them.
Is the OC posting a balance?  If no, the debt is sold.  If yes, the debt is assigned to the collection agency.
If yes to above, is the CA posting the same balance as the OC?
What do you mean by "deletion letter"??
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 9
echoguy32
Valued Member

Thank you so much for the response.

Yes the OC (RC Willey) is reporting the balance as charge off  and the CA (NAR) is posting the same amount.  My letters are PFD letters and they are not budging.

Any suggestons?

Message 3 of 9
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@echoguy32 wrote:

Thank you so much for the response.

Yes the OC (RC Willey) is reporting the balance as charge off  and the CA (NAR) is posting the same amount.  My letters are PFD letters and they are not budging.

Any suggestons?

Wait...is the OC reporting a $0 bal and status as C/O,  & the CA has an actual dollar amount?

Just trying to clarify.  Usually a C/O has a zero balance attached to it.

Message 4 of 9
echoguy32
Valued Member

No the OC and CA are both reporting a balance. Is this common?

Message 5 of 9
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@echoguy32 wrote:

No the OC and CA are both reporting a balance. Is this common?

That is actually a good thing.  That means the acct is "assigned" to the CA.  Contact the OC about full payment to pull the collection back to the oc files.  Then the CA can't collect OR report this.  After payment, Send a GW letter to the OC for an adjustment in reporting.  Or full delete.

Message 6 of 9
echoguy32
Valued Member

Sounds great...iI will post the outcome...

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was there a resolution to this.

I have the same problem with the same collection agency.   Sent a paid for deletion letter and no response.  I thought I could wait this out, and just have it drop off my credit report.  It's killing me though because it's now 4 years, and I didn't realize it stays there for 7 years.

Someone please help.  I had an original $324 collection.  No Bill, no phone call, just an alert from MyFico.  It was an unopened item from Laura Langemier that I thought was free.  I called immediatly once I got the alert and they wouldn't budge then.  I wrote the PFD letter.  I need to take care of my mortgage and get a car, but this is a huge overhang.  I don't know what the abbreviations were for DV I think someone said prior.

Thanks,

Bill

Message 8 of 9
echoguy32
Valued Member

Hi Bill and welcome to the forum.

I had an account with htese guys for a while. I sent numerous PFDs and didnt get anywhere. Recently, I closed on a home and there was no way around me having to pay NAR. So I called and they were extremely rude. Little did he know I was on the line to pay him but I wasnt about to give someone like that my money. It was truly unreal.  In my case, I called the OC RC Willey and pleaded the circumstances. I informed them of how rude the CSR was at NAR. I dont know if this is acceptable but as a courtesy, they agreed to accept payment.

However, it worked and never have to deal with NAR them again. I would contact the OC to see if they are willing to retract the collection and work with them directly!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.