Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No response gw letter........

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No response gw letter........

Hi, I sent out some gw letter last month to have some baddies removed but I only heard back from one of them. The one that I havent heeard back from is a loan company that I have used several times over the past 10 years So I called the loan company and asked the manager if he had received a letter that I faxed over and he said no, so I mailed it and also refaxed it to his attention.  I called him after I had faxed it to see if he had received it and he said yes.  But nothing has changed as of yet.  Should I send him another one or what? We are one a first name basis and because of our long history.  He has received it but I don't know if he will do anything on my behalf and I don't want to feel as though I am pressuring him or anything like that.

What else can I do?

The other one is for my car note and I only have 1 late payment with them and it was because I was sick and had to stay off work but I caught it up the next  month.  They sent me a letter stating that they are reporting accurately to the credit bureau.  It is accurate but I have been with them almost four years and alway pay on time. I just missed 1 payment.  They also say that they report monthly to CRA but they haven't reported in iver two months and I am now ahead on my notes.  A good update from them will help my score, I think.

What can I do about this one?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: No response gw letter........

I'd give him 30-45 days before sending another. Some OCs only update once per month. My next GW would be to the same guy, using the same fax method, and I would craft the GW as a thank-you note for his time and for considering the request. I'd keep it very short.

Per the car, I'd wait for it to update the reporting before doing anything. After it updated, and if it didn't remove the late, then I'd try the GW again.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.