PFD Example Letter

tag
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PFD Example Letter

lwill023 wrote:
Thanks very much,

I used the letter and got the following signed response today:

"In response to your letter on the above referenced account we have reviewed or records.  If payment in full of 100.91 is received in our office no later than June 7, 2007 we will notify the credit reporting agencies to remove our entry on the above referenced account from your credit report"

I mailed letter off 5/11/07, and received response in mail today 5/26/07, but their address is local to me so I was hoping for a quick response.  Since it was a small amount for a past medical bill I offered full payment, which I will be mailing on Tuesday since Monday is a holiday. Once again thanks.

Good deal! Thanks for sharing.. I think people are skeptical and do not understand that PFD works and is a very powerful tool!
Message 31 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I asked AFNI about this and they said all they do is update my credit report, they can't delete.  Is this the case or did I not ask the right way?  I settled for a lesser amount.
Message 32 of 471
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

onthemend wrote:
So I asked AFNI about this and they said all they do is update my credit report, they can't delete.  Is this the case or did I not ask the right way?  I settled for a lesser amount.

They can delete.. Did you tell them you won't send a dime unless they delete?

Message Edited by Tuscani on 05-28-2007 08:05 AM
Message 33 of 471
CGame
New Contributor

Hey, I got a couple of questions about this letter. Can these be used for judgements or tax liens? Also, I paid a collection agency a $70 balance for punk *ss Verizon, (pre this forum) and Verizon will not remove it. How would I get that off? It's from 2003. I guess I'm stuck huh?
Message 34 of 471
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

CGame wrote:
Hey, I got a couple of questions about this letter. Can these be used for judgements or tax liens? Also, I paid a collection agency a $70 balance for punk *ss Verizon, (pre this forum) and Verizon will not remove it. How would I get that off? It's from 2003. I guess I'm stuck huh?

The letter can be used for any unpaid TL. Did you try sending Verizon a GW letter? Utilize PFB as well.
Message 35 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani,

Do you suggest PFD letters be sent out CMRRR?   Since there's nothing binding in the letter until the CA responds there's not any need to is there?

Thanks.... Again... Smiley Happy
Message 36 of 471
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

princessofpink wrote:
Tuscani,

Do you suggest PFD letters be sent out CMRRR?   Since there's nothing binding in the letter until the CA responds there's not any need to is there?

Thanks.... Again... Smiley Happy

No... certified mail is fine if you want to track.. but no need to get a signature (green) card back.
Message 37 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for this letter! Smiley Very Happy I have just now been able to start working on my credit and have been able to pay a couple of things off, but there are several more things on there that this letter will be perfect for! Thanks again and keep on rockin! Smiley Wink
Message 38 of 471
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

LadyBrandi wrote:
Thanks so much for this letter! Smiley Very Happy I have just now been able to start working on my credit and have been able to pay a couple of things off, but there are several more things on there that this letter will be perfect for! Thanks again and keep on rockin! Smiley Wink

Best of luck! Keep us updated!
Message 39 of 471
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

Tuscani, good morning to you and yours!  I have a question -- as I am in the middle of writing GWs and PFDs for my son and his wife.  Why, in the example you gave of a PFD, would you want to include:

"...and will not discuss the terms of this settlement with anyone, excluding your client on this account. If contacted by any third party, including credit-reporting agencies, Collection Agency will not acknowledge that any settlement offer was made, accepted or executed and will, in fact, deny knowledge of any such account..."

Is it common practice for CRAs to contact CAs under such circumstances?  Also, couldn't this be construed as expecting the CA to falsify information, which might, in turn, cause the CA to abandon whatever possibility there was that it would accept the offer of PFD?  You know far better than I, and so I am asking. 

Thanks.

:-me
Message 40 of 471
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.