PLEASE HELP, REBUILDING...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PLEASE HELP, REBUILDING...

My Fico Score 8 Scores Are Equifax 616 Transunion 637 Experian 600
Credit Karma Says My Transunion Score Is 602 And Equifax 568

I Have 14 Accounts On Both My Transunion And Equifax Accounts

10 Credit Cards Cap1 Secured $301 (4 Months), Discover Secured $200 (4 Months) , Fullbeauty $250 (3 Months), Jcrew $250 (3Months), Ny&co $400 (3 Months), Victorias Secret $250 (3 Months), Hsn $750 (2 Months), And Also It Lists Two Closed Card Accounts Ultravx From 1/4/2010, With 8 Missed Payments And A Wells Fargo Secured Card From 10/13/11 That Was Never Opened Becase When They Went To Take The Deposit Out There Werent Available Funds. Showed It Was Opened 10/13/11, Closed 10/14/11, But Shows 27 On Time Paymens From 10/2011 Till 12/2013. Currently Using 18% Of Credit Util Across The Board, Will Get It Down To Under 10% As I Have Read This Is The Most Useful.

Cap One Auto Loan $16,406 6 Mo Old, Current. No Lates. Ktob Auto Loan 36 Month Term Closed 12/30/16 1 Late. Kto B Auto Loan Closed 1/25/13 22 Missed Payments Worst Status 60-89 Days Late. Usdoe/glelsi Student Loan Account In Default Opened 9/2009 Closed 1/2012 Currently In Rehabilitation, Will Have Made 9Th Payment In 6/2017 To Bring Out Of Default Status.

I Got Most Of The Above Mentioned Cards Due To The Shopping Cart Trick Advice Which Im Now Not Sure Was Such A Good Idea But Hopefully The On Time Payments Can Outweigh The Bad. I Will At The Least Order Gift Cards And Resell Or Gift Them For Like Small Amounts Of $10 Each Month On The Store Cards.

5 Credit Inquries On Transunion Account And 8 On Equifax Due To Shopping For Auto Loan And A Few Hp For Credit Apps Due To Fall Off In 8/2018. They Were All Around The Same Time.

7 Current Collections Accounts, I Have Settled 4/7 Which Will Be Removed From Bureaus Leaving 3 Collections.the Remaning 3 I Will Have One Deleted Very Soon With Early Exclusion And Pay Or Settle The Remaining 2 To Also Have Them Removed.

From 08/2016-02/2017 My Ck Transunion Score Have Gone From 562/602. From 08/2016-02/2017 My Ck Equifax Scores Have Gone From 525/568.

My Goal Is To Increase My Credit Scores To 650/680/700 Within The Next 3-6 Months, Not Sure How Realistic This Is? Any Advice Is Greatly Appreciate, I Just Would Like To Be Guided In The Right Direction On How To Proceeded For Maximum Results.

***********UPDATE********* so now my FICO 8 SCORES ARE Equifax 619 (was 624 -5 due to INQ) , Transunion 638, Experian 610.

I have had good success with pay for deletes with 2/4 of my ERC accounts, working to have the last two items removed, plus I had some closed collections removed, will keep you all updated on the rest, I now only have 3 collections accounts showing a balance for a total of around $1,495.  I however am tired of keeping up with doing everything on my own so I am giving Lexington Law a shot to see what they can do in a month or two, if they dont produce I will step back up to bat.  So last week I applied for membership with NFCU (via Navy League San Diego)  and was immediately approved while waiting for them to check my application, the nice lady on the phone made the 30 min wait worth my while, I also immediate applied for their cash Rewards Visa and was approved for $1,600, then next I applied for the CLOC and was also approved for $1,500. I was nervous to ask for the max due to the credit card  limit amount, but will just wait for 3 mos to apply for max limit on card and CLOC.  This week on the 28th my secured Capital One Platinum card got a $300 increase when my 6th staement cut, so I immediately applied for the QS1 card and was approved for $500 limit. In a few months hopefully Lexington Law has cleared as much off my report as possible, also my student loan rehabiliation program will be over, scores should be much higher and I will apply for increases with NFCU credit card and CLOC, then try to refinance my vehicle loan that currently is with CAP1 with an extreme interest rate. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: PLEASE HELP, REBUILDING...

Welcome to MyFICO! Smiley Happy

You have taken the first step:  coming here and telling your story.

The very first thing to do is to stop looking a Credit Karma scores. They are not FICO scores at all. They are Vantage scores and use a totally different algorithm to generate their scores. As a result, you can't add or subtract anything to get from a Credit Karma score to a FICO score. Those scores aren't used by any lender to issue credit or determine credit worthiness.

Make sure to pay off your cards except one and have it report less than 9% of its credit limit. You will see your score increase.  Do you have a bunch of inq's now by picking up those store cards?  If so, the best thing to do, IMO, is to stop applying for cards until you can grow your limits a little. Then apply for a Cap One cc. Time will be your friend here. There will be others that will have more specific advice for you. 

Message 2 of 8
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

GW letters for all the lates. When you say you settled the collections and they'll be removed do you mean that you got PFD's for them? Or are you under the impression that by setting them that they'll be removed? If you didn't get PFD's then they won't be removed. And just a suggestion, typing in all caps makes it very hard to read your post.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thank you soooo much for responding, fortunately the store cards were all soft pulls so no, the majority of my inquirires are back from 8/2016 when I was shopping for an auto loan with the dealership. I will definitely reduce my utilization with my cards and do as advised with letting one report below 9% utilization. I will keep you updated with any progress for more advice.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice, I definitely will start writing GW letters for the late payments, hopefully I will have success. As far as having the colections removed I did negotiate 4 accounts with one agency for the PFD, so hopefully they will honor their end, if not I will have to write good will letters for those also, but they are definitely going to be removed. lol Sorry about the all CAPS, I for some reason I thought it would make the text easier to read but I edited the font to make it more helpful for everyone to read. Let me know if you have anymore advice or tips and I will keep you updated with my progress. 

Message 5 of 8
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

The gift card idea you have is not recommended here and really not necessary. Please read up on store cards SCT here. You have enough and may want to consider editing out the cards that aren't useful to you. 

Thank you so much for changing the caps to regular font - our collective eyes appreciate it! Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 8
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Thank you for editing the post. It's very appreciated
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks for the advice, will check out the SCT threads here. Also I see there are a lot of views on the thread, if any other members have any suggestions please feel free to comment and share, anything is helpful. Thanks again everyone...

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.