Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help with your answer

tag
Deepauk
Established Member

Please help with your answer

Hi,

I had my house foreclosed during the month of Feb 15 2009. ( First Mortgage took the proceeds of the sale and the second mortgage did not get anything out of the foreclosure sale. ).

I live in Virginia and now it is in collections where they did not contact me and 4 years past on SOL. 

Recently, I applied for a federal job and i got the offer but they wanted to do clearance and the investigator ran my credit and found this Second mortgage account and he wanted clarification. He gave me a paper to sign to obtain records for verification from Second Mortgage ..

As this verification will in any way or form restart the SOL period since I am not requesting but a third party is seeking information..

( I recd a letter from second mortgage telling all thank for you inquiry blah blah etc if you would like to know the balance etc.. ) I am worried if this will restart my SOL because of this senseless investigation..  ( If the house is foreclosed why the hell they go behind all **bleep** and crap.. )

Please answer if anyone has undergone this situation.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Please help with your answer

No, a 3rd party who has nothing to do with the debt in the first place and only inquiring about it will not restart the SOL. You inquiring about it would not restart the SOL.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.