Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Collection Letter from First National Collection Bureau

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about Collection Letter from First National Collection Bureau

I received a letter in the mail from First National Collection Bureau Inc (FNCB) in regard to an old collection with ATT wireless.  Per my Experian report from Feb 08, it was scheduled to fall off June 2008, which is did.  The original collection was with Palisades.  The letter from FNCB has the creditor as Palisades and original creditor as ATT wireless. 

So, my questions are, do I need to send any communication to them, like a DV letter?  Did Palisades sell it to FNCB?  I don't want to risk it going back on report, even though based on my credit report, it shouldn't be reporting anymore. The DOFD is 9/2001 on my Equifax report but Experian has it "scheduled to be removed in June 2008".  It was still on my Equifax report in June 2008, but I believed when I checked my reports in October, it was gone.  So based on the DOFD, legally it can't go back on my report correct? 

I have worked to hard to get to my scores in the high 700s so I want to take the best course of action the first time.

Thanks!

Message Edited by FutureMrsL on 02-25-2009 11:29 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about Collection Letter from First National Collection Bureau

Legally, they can not report it again. To be able to report it, they would have to illegally re-age it.

Keep copies of those reports showing that information in case it were to ever be reported again.

As for sending anything to the new CA........that is up to you. Some will send a cease and desist, some will just choose to ignore it.

I just ignore them unless they start calling or sending letters every other day.

Message 2 of 4
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

For several years I've rec'd letters from AFNI for an OLD cc that went into default.  The DOFD on the original cc is something like 12 years old. 

They come in the mail...they go in the shredder.  If it was something more recent & coming from the oc, even out of 7 yr limit, I might be compelled to do the right thing & pay them back as long as no neg info is put on report.  As it stands right now, the oc filed this loss years ago.

I will say tho...I've never applied with CITI since!  hehe

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice.  Since based on the DOFD and the fact they can't legally put it back on my reports, then I will just leave it alone.  I just really hope they don't do anything illegal.  A part of me wants to let them know I know what my rights are so they don't try anything.  I will just keep a close eye on my reports.

Thanks again!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.