gamecockfan2012

Question

Before I call my old bank I wanted to ask, my credit report still shows an open credit card with them, however they closed it a few years ago due to late payments etc but not sure why it still shows on my credit report as an open card.  Should I call the Bank or the Big 3? 

THanks

Starting EQ 601
Now: EQ 612

Starting Score: 629 TU
Current Score: 651 TU
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Member
Barris

Re: Question

Depends on what bank really. For example, I have been dealing with a Cap One case and although the account was in collection (Cap One does either in-house or assigned jobs), the account was showing up on the Experian reports as open. I am still to get to the bottom of this. I will post as soon as I find out what is going on.
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

I recommend doing nothing. Is the account a negative?

gamecockfan2012

it shows a Balance of Zero and then my old Availible Line of credit and I would assume has carried a zero balance for 6 years, now this same account did have baddies on them at on point so maybe ir will roll off after the last baddie? 

Starting EQ 601
Now: EQ 612

Starting Score: 629 TU
Current Score: 651 TU
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+