Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding and random CA calls???

tag
lmfields84
Regular Contributor

Rebuilding and random CA calls???

Am I the only one dealing with this?! It seems like since we've opted in and are doing great with our rebuild, scores increasing, accounts dropping like flies... I get these calls. The other day I missed a call from a 1-800 number, so I googled it and it was ER Solutions. I don't have anything reporting from them and have never received any letters. A week or so ago, I got a call from First Credit Services, again... no clue who they are or why they called. I usually wait for them to leave a voicemail to take them seriously, and neither one did. I hate ignoring them because I don't want a bad surprise on my report one day, though I know they have to send a dunning letter- I also know all CA's don't play fair. Any thoughts or experiences?
Our 2014 Rebuilding Log- Check Out Our Progress!
In Our Wallet: NFCU Cash Rewards $14k | NFCU LOC $15k | NFCU LOC $12k | NFCU Platinum Visa $8.5k | NFCU Platinum MC $1k Discover IT $1400 | Walmart Store Card $1.4k | Synchrony $1k | ToysRUs $500
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Rebuilding and random CA calls???

Happens all the time.  CAs coming out of the woodwork when they see things on your CR that indicate you could pay them.

It could be a debt from long, long, ago.  One that is beyond CRTP and SOL for your state

Message 2 of 10
ThisIsJamez
Established Member

I paid off my last collection that was at a CA yesterday. Then I got two calls from another agency and I didn't pick up. Then I realized that I really have nothing to lose since I have no other debts in collection and they said that they called me by mistake and thought I was someone else. #odd

Starting Score: 550
Current Score: 652 (EQ)
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 10
lmfields84
Regular Contributor

Should I ever answer their calls? I dont know what would indicate I can pay them... all that's reporting is a couple charge offs and an unpaid tax lien *sigh*.
In Our Wallet: NFCU Cash Rewards $14k | NFCU LOC $15k | NFCU LOC $12k | NFCU Platinum Visa $8.5k | NFCU Platinum MC $1k Discover IT $1400 | Walmart Store Card $1.4k | Synchrony $1k | ToysRUs $500
Message 4 of 10
tubbynerd
Regular Contributor

This happened to me 3 weeks ago. A random collector on a 5 year old debt just out of the woodwork. Reported to all 3 bureaus too. Super annoying. Well I shouldn't say it was a random debt, it was mine, but a long forgotten one.

Message 5 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

From Experian's Website, one of the services they offer.

Daily Monitoring of Collection Accounts Collection TriggersSM

When nonpaying customers resurface, be first to know and first to wallet. When customers leave an outstanding balance, you need an effective way to determine when to begin working the account again. Collection TriggersSM from Experian®tracks the account and notifies you of new contact information and changes that indicate financial improvement or ability to pay.

Collection Triggers is ideal for all stages of the recovery process, monitoring the following:

• Early-stage delinquencies - accounts for public record, civil action, tradeline and demographic events
  • Charge-off accounts - key trigger events so that you can segment portfolio strategies
  • Uncollectible, warehoused and post-judgment accounts - your debtor may have eluded you in the past, but when he or she surfaces, you'll be notified immediately
Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 10
tubbynerd
Regular Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

From Experian's Website, one of the services they offer.

Daily Monitoring of Collection Accounts Collection TriggersSM

When nonpaying customers resurface, be first to know and first to wallet. When customers leave an outstanding balance, you need an effective way to determine when to begin working the account again. Collection TriggersSM from Experian®tracks the account and notifies you of new contact information and changes that indicate financial improvement or ability to pay.

Collection Triggers is ideal for all stages of the recovery process, monitoring the following:

• Early-stage delinquencies - accounts for public record, civil action, tradeline and demographic events
  • Charge-off accounts - key trigger events so that you can segment portfolio strategies
  • Uncollectible, warehoused and post-judgment accounts - your debtor may have eluded you in the past, but when he or she surfaces, you'll be notified immediately

Wow. Super Good Info. Thanks. That's a super good service for the collectors too actually.

Message 7 of 10
lmfields84
Regular Contributor

Wow... that's pretty dirty.  Most consumers have either long forgotten about some random debt or never even knew about it if it was not reporting... but as soon as you start to improve your life they swoop in like vultures!  Disgusting!

Message 8 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@lmfields84 wrote:

Wow... that's pretty dirty.  Most consumers have either long forgotten about some random debt or never even knew about it if it was not reporting... but as soon as you start to improve your life they swoop in like vultures!  Disgusting!

But if you stop and think about it, the CRAs make the majority of their money from the creditor side, not the consumer.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 9 of 10
lmfields84
Regular Contributor

I get it- its all a business... just sick of being "the little guy" if you know what I mean.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.