Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding for about 9 months..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding for about 9 months..

I had a 530 score. Still have like 3 collections on file all from Comcast but I know I've paid them all cuz I still have Comcast now. Currently I have a CO secured with 500 limit for 9 months. Also have auto finance with CO for 7 months both been paying on time. Tried to increase the secured card but didn't get to because CO doesn't do CLI for secured card. I just got a new CO QS1 and Plat with 500 limit each for 1 month. For the QS1 I ran about 3500 through it. Charge pay charge pay it's annoying. The plat I ran 800 through it. Question is how can I get my credit score up. According to creditscoretotal my score is still between 530-580. How can I get my score up?? Would it increase once the other 2 CO card start reporting?? Also, the way I spent on QS1 if I call in after 2 statement would they increase my credit limit?? My income is 120000. That's probably only reason why they gave me a car loan.. That and maybe probably I got 2 older car loan paid off. Also have a secured 300 Wells Fargo card on my report as a charge off from 4 years ago why isn't it showed as paid when they can use security deposit to cover it?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding for about 9 months..

How much longer are the Comcast collections set to report? Maybe you can write a letter asking them to delete it from your report since they are paid. I am new here and just starting to rebuild but good luck with everything. I think your score will increase once you get those collection accounts off for sure! Are you paying off the card balances in full?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding for about 9 months..

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a 530 score. Still have like 3 collections on file all from Comcast but I know I've paid them all cuz I still have Comcast now. Currently I have a CO secured with 500 limit for 9 months. Also have auto finance with CO for 7 months both been paying on time. Tried to increase the secured card but didn't get to because CO doesn't do CLI for secured card. I just got a new CO QS1 and Plat with 500 limit each for 1 month. For the QS1 I ran about 3500 through it. Charge pay charge pay it's annoying. The plat I ran 800 through it. Question is how can I get my credit score up. According to creditscoretotal my score is still between 530-580. How can I get my score up?? Would it increase once the other 2 CO card start reporting?? Also, the way I spent on QS1 if I call in after 2 statement would they increase my credit limit?? My income is 120000. That's probably only reason why they gave me a car loan.. That and maybe probably I got 2 older car loan paid off. Also have a secured 300 Wells Fargo card on my report as a charge off from 4 years ago why isn't it showed as paid when they can use security deposit to cover it?

Yes your scores should come up when the cards report. That will usually happen by the second statement. Yes Cap One will increase you limits - start requesting after the second statement - just do it online. It on the services tab.

As for the WF charge off - the answer is that they slap a crapload of fees onto it, so the end result is a balance far exceeding the security amount. If its still showing an unpaid balance, then it is messing with your UTI and your scores would benefit by settling it.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.