New Contributor
mestiza305

Received NCO Financial Systems Collection

I received a collection letter from NCO Financial Systems containing the following information:

Creditor: AT&T Mobility

Account #:

Regarding: Past Due Balance

Principal: $535.75

Interest: $0.00

Collection Charges: $96.43

Costs: $0.00

Total Balance: $632.18

I want to avoid having this reported.

1. Should I pay the total balance in full since they have not reported to any credit bureaus yet?

2. Should I send a check, pay online, or any other suggestion for form payment?

3. How do I ensure that this does not show up on any of my credit reports both from AT&T and NCO?

Starting Score: TU 649 EQ 670
Current Score: TU 649 EQ 670
Goal Score: TU 700+ EQ 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Received NCO Financial Systems Collection

Send them a pay for not reporting negotiation letter where you agree to pay by XX/XX/2009 if they agree to not report anything to any credit reporting agency.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Established Contributor
Chopbrocoli

Before paying any balance, I would call up AT&T and see if you can pay them directly rather than NCO. If you can pay the OC, then you can ask to reqest them to recall the account from NCO and see to it that there will be no reporting. You might have to get in reach of the accounts receivable manager in order to achieve this becase customer service reps are majority of the time CLUELESS and dont know what their talking about. But be sure to have that in writing if they are willing to recall the account and not report.
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
New Contributor
mestiza305

Should I send a DV letter first or send the negotiation letter without it?

New Contributor
mestiza305

Chop: I'll do that ASAP. Thanks! 

Established Contributor
Chopbrocoli

No problem, keep us updated!
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}