Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Response from PFD!!

tag
echoguy32
Valued Member

Response from PFD!!

Im currently in discussions with a OC EVP of Credit with whom I had a charge off with back in July 2008. The account was assigned to a CA who is also reporting the amount. The CA keeps coding "KD" the tradelines causing a change in decrease in my scores so I need to take care of this ASAP. Sent a PFD he responded stating the usual info "integrity of the system." So I countered via email and requested the CA be pulled back removed from CR and this is what I received....

"The payment will not expunge the account from the Credit Report as reported by XXXXX or the collection agency XXXXX.  If you pay the full amount the rating will be changed to “Paid Charge Off” or if you paid the agreed settlement the rating  will be changed to “Settled for less than the balance owed” by XXXXX.  The changes reported by the collection agency should be consistent with the changes submitted by XXXX based on your determination of the amount you pay.  We will notify them when you’ve made the payment.  Unfortunately, I have no control over their reporting procedures or if they’ve even reported the assignment of the debt by their company.  You may already know this information but if not I suggest you get a free credit report using the web site www.annualcreditreport.com to see if there is a report from them.  With this web site you are entitled to a free credit report from each of the there major credit reporting companies once a year.  If your desire is to improve your FICO score it’s better to have a paid charge off rather than a settlement.  What ever payment you choose to make XXXXX will promptly make the appropriate change.  Call me at XXXXXX if you need additional help.   

I'm attempting to resolve this but they are not budginq!  I've heard from previous posts this is tricky due to DOLA being changed!!!

What would you do?

Starting Score: 05/15/2011 TU 565 EQ 562
Current Score (MYFICO): 6/25/2012 TU 670 EQ 660
Wallet: NFCU Visa 15k, Amex Green NPSL, Discover 1.2k, USAA MC 2K, USAA 1.5k
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Response from PFD!!

I'd keep trying with the PFDs (and I'd offer 100%) and wouldn't rely on senior management.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.