Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOOOO Discouraged!

tag
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Re: SOOOO Discouraged!

you will get most of your points, once you get below 30% util total

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 11 of 14
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

FICO revolving utilization actually takes into account both individual card utilization, total utilization, and the percentage of accounts with balances.

I learn something new every day. I didn't realize they factored individual. Thanks for the info, pizzadude! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 14
jocleveland
Regular Contributor

Does ythe CRA's report you are down to 20%?  Sometimes statement dates pick up the old balance. If so, your increase will show after the next statement date.

Message 13 of 14
theheater30
Contributor

yeah, my total does not have me showing under 30% yet, the card I paid off was my smallest one so I guess I didn't make as big of a dent as I feel like I have.... I just hope to one day have a decent credit score.... I just need to be prepared for the long journey.  Once all statements are reflecting on my report my total utilization will be down to 20% so fingers crossed I see a few good points.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.