cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting over Again, judgement from Portfolio and lates from transferred Sallie Mae

tag
JustMel

Starting over Again, judgement from Portfolio and lates from transferred Sallie Mae

I decided to take the bull by the horns and fix my credit after 15 years of high interest rates on cars (29.5% recently paid off, 16.5% on two others smh I know) . I got my credit reports Experian 539/ Trans 598 on 2/28/2013. I saw that and instantly got a First Progress secured card for $500 and my credit union secured (credit repair card) for $300 and waiting for Capital One to contact me so I can get a $1,000 card. Today I got a credit score alert and my score jumped to 555!! I didn't even get the cards yet!! I haven't had a card for 15 years and I have a judgment against me from Portfolio (I hate them, they froze my account and took $2,130 in pay from me 2 weeks before Christmas) and Citibank sold my student loans to Sallie Mae and it shows 3 lates. I need to fix this.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Starting over Again, judgement from Portfolio and lates from transferred Sallie Mae

Has the judgment now been satisfied?

Message 2 of 5
JustMel

Re: Starting over Again, judgement from Portfolio and lates from transferred Sallie Mae

no, its dated 2008.

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Some states include statutory provisions for vacating a judgment after it is satisfied.

Additionally, some courts have their own established procedures for granting such motions.

I would make a call to the clerk of the judgment court and inquire about vacating their judgment based on satisfaction of the debt.

That may permit you, once satisfied,  to at least address the judgment.  One chip at a time......

Message 4 of 5
JustMel

Thank you for that information, I guess I have to start taking this as a thought process in order to address the issues on the CR that I have.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.