Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU Early Exclusion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU Early Exclusion

Just called to have an account deleted early, she said..they will ask the creditor if its ok using the dispute process.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

Re: TU Early Exclusion

When was the account scheduled to be deleted?

Message 2 of 10
jstap01
New Contributor

When were these to drop off.  They went thru my report line by line last week and deleted anything that was to fall off thru the end of the year I believe.

Starting Score: EXP - 561, EQ - 590, TU - 573
Current Score: EX - 739, EQ - 756, TU - 708
Goal Score: 715 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try disputing online... it worked for me for TU. You'll need to select 'Other' option and clearly mention something like 'I am not disputing but requesting for early exclusion'.

Message 4 of 10
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Try disputing online... it worked for me for TU. You'll need to select 'Other' option and clearly mention something like 'I am not disputing but requesting for early exclusion'.

I know with TU online dispute there is an option of "too old to report", you don't suggest using that?

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just did this yesterday. I failed twice with the normal customer service rep who answered the phone. They acted brand new like they have never heard of an early exclusion. Third time I asked for a supervisor off the top. He deleted it for me no problem. It was due to fall off in November. I pulled another TU report this morning and First Premier is GONE! So my advice is to ask for a supervisor.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually yes, I recalled that I used this option online - 'account too old to report' and added my comments saying this is not a dispute but requesting for early exclusion.

@GoldSorata wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I know with TU online dispute there is an option of "too old to report", you don't suggest using that?

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The account I wanted to have excluded early is due to fall off in Nov 2015.

Message 8 of 10
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the info...

My 7 year date for my BK13 PR and IIB accounts is April 2016 so I'll be contacting TU in October for early exclusion.  It can't get here fast enough... TU is my lowest score which I can't really explain considering all my reports are the same other than the number of INQs on each... and EQ actually has more than TU.  I can't explain how TU is 20 points lower other than to say it's obvious they calculate scores differently than EQ and EX.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 9 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@GoldSorata wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

One would not want to dispute valid credit information we dont advocate that on My Fico. The time to use the too old to remain on file choce is if its past CRTP. We can only suggest that you call or write the CRA asking for the early exclusion.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.