Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU sues Asset Acceptance! 5.7 million collection accounts INACCURATE

tag
bruiseviolet
Frequent Contributor

TU sues Asset Acceptance! 5.7 million collection accounts INACCURATE

They state, "...Asset Acceptance reported in the ordinary course of the Agreement approximately 5.7 million consumer records regarding collection accounts that contained information that was neigher accurate nor complete."  

I came across this while looking info up on my judgement from asset acceptance-  I know if I had any lines showng them as the owner- I would be making sure they legally have a right to collect the debt before I did anything else!

Anyways interesting to read- if you're interested in this (I am as I have a judgement from Asset i'm trying to get off) you can read a copy here http://collectorsexposed.com/caselaw/Asset.TU.Lawsuit.pdf  or if I'm not allowed to post the link- do a google search for it.  =)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TU sues Asset Acceptance! 5.7 million collection accounts INACCURATE

So what does this mean exactly for someone who has a collection from asset?  My wife has one from them that was are going to attempt to tackle after we get her medical bills squared away.  And its also showing on EX/EQ.  Would them incorrectly furnishing information to TU have any bearing on EQ/EX as I'm sure they send the same info to all three?  Im still trying to understand all the credit stuff I can.

Message 2 of 3
angelita1212
Valued Member

Re: TU sues Asset Acceptance! 5.7 million collection accounts INACCURATE

+1

What does this mean to us who have open collections with Asset Acceptance?

Don't mind my in progress signature....

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.