cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To my surprise, it's not that bad I hope..

tag
cqntialstarco

Re: To my surprise, it's not that bad I hope..

Thanks KTM and Guiness...

Should I even worry about what my actual score is during this phase of the re-building process?

Message 11 of 17
cqntialstarco

Also - Bump for the "7 years question"

I know my report states that a lot of the past due balance look all recent from 2010-2013 and so...

But the fact of the matter is they really are all from 2007. Do I wait and sit on them to fall off?

Message 12 of 17
Lasardo
Established Contributor

I would suggest contacting the original creditor just because things will be expedited, you can ask the CB for a debt validation if you would like ..it really is your choice; but again, never admit to the debt because it may not be yours.
Have you looked up your statue of limitations for your state. ?
No, if you call it will not reset your SOL.
The debts (unless they are a lien or BK) will fall off at the 7 year mark so if your debts are form 2007 you have 2 more years.
I think the above is correct in assuming you have to pay your charge offs to receive a FHA loan BUT I know they are quite forgiving when accompanying a letter of explanation to why things were charged off. I would defiantly speak wiht a loan officer, a hard pull will not affect you much AND you can get your credit scores.
The other option is to pull your reports from freeannnualcredit or pull a correct score form this website. I know if you just ask they will discount your pull and don't forget you get 10 free days.
Experian is still processing thier credit scores at Experian.com but I would pull it here.

CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 13 of 17
cqntialstarco

Yes, I live in California and the SOL here for debt is 4 years. 

I may have to contact the CB because I don't even know who some of the collection agencies on my reports are. 

How do I contact the correct CB? If I pull my report and score from this site, do they have a number I can call?

Message 14 of 17
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Since your SOL is only 4 yrs and the debts are from 2007 you are in the clear as far as a law suit but they can still report for the remainder of 7 years.

You can find the phone numbers to each collection agency listed on your report, if a phone number is not listed there will be an address.

I suggest contacting each credit bureau (Experian, Equifax and transunion) by phone or you can go online to file a dispute.. Each collection agency will be required to "verify" the debt, that way you will know who the original creditor was, if its yours, etc. You can also do this directly with each collection agency if you want things expedited.
Message 15 of 17
cqntialstarco

Nice, I really appreciate you bearing with me through all these intermediate inquiries.

Will keep you posted on my progress!

Message 16 of 17
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Please do keep me posted!
Do not hesitate to ask ANY questions, it can be a confusing road to credit recovery.
Send me a PM or just list your questions on this thread.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.