cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsecured Credit Card - Capital One, need help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unsecured Credit Card - Capital One, need help!

Hi all.  My chapter 13 was discharged on 9/23/2015, I was able to purchase a new car 2/6/2016 from Ford (interest rate 5.5% - Wells Fargo Auto Finance is who financed my car), last night I received a pre-approval from Capital One, unsecured and was approved for $750.  Question is, what other credit card is recommended since I am trying to boost my credit score?  I don't want to go on a frinzy of applying for so many but if there is any insight on who is pretty good at applying and getting an approval, I'd greatly appreciate the advice/recommendation.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unsecured Credit Card - Capital One, need help!

lots of people have had good luck applying for both the Cap 1 Quicksilver and Platinum at the same time, so whichever one you didn't apply for last night, apply for now.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you recommending, I will look into it most certainly.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all.  My chapter 13 was discharged on 9/23/2015, I was able to purchase a new car 2/6/2016 from Ford (interest rate 5.5% - Wells Fargo Auto Finance is who financed my car), last night I received a pre-approval from Capital One, unsecured and was approved for $750.  Question is, what other credit card is recommended since I am trying to boost my credit score?  I don't want to go on a frinzy of applying for so many but if there is any insight on who is pretty good at applying and getting an approval, I'd greatly appreciate the advice/recommendation.

Thank you.

Second Cap One card. Then possibly a secured card from SDFCU, or other credit union. You need three minimum for optimum scoring.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both so very much, I just applied for teh Cap 1 Quick Silver and was approved for $500, so now I have that one and the Cap 1 Platinum; I will look into the SDFCU as you have suggested.  Can you prost the utilzation information or direct me to it, so I can have a clear understanding of how much to use, pay and pay by when so that I can increase my scores.  Thank you again so very much.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.