Contributor
TravisD

Utilization question

Not sure if this should be in the CC forum if it is I'm sorry.

Not 100% sure how utilization works. I have 3 cards with a total credit of 2600. All cards are paid off except for one that is $300 spent out of $500. Does utilization go for all cards as a whole or individual?
........???................659 (FICO)................659 (TU08) ........
pizzadude

Re: Utilization question

TravisD wrote:
Not sure if this should be in the CC forum if it is I'm sorry.

Not 100% sure how utilization works. I have 3 cards with a total credit of 2600. All cards are paid off except for one that is $300 spent out of $500. Does utilization go for all cards as a whole or individual?

Both individual card and total card balances & limits are scored as part of FICO revolving credit utilization.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Established Member
Vtso4

Utilization is caculated by the sum of all of your credit card limits divided by the sum of all your credit card balances. So in your case:

300/2600=.11 or a 11 percent utilization rate. Usually the credit bureaus like to see anywhere between a 1 to 9% utilization rate.

Contributor
TravisD

Thanks guys!
........???................659 (FICO)................659 (TU08) ........

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}