cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VERY REWARDING DAY!! NICE TO BE ON THE PLUS SIDE!

tag
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

VERY REWARDING DAY!! NICE TO BE ON THE PLUS SIDE!

Last November my credit score was 584.  9 months later I'm at 728.  It was ALOT of work.  My problem was opposite of most.  I'm 55 and until 2 years ago I never had a credit card.  I didn't want one.  But my wife's health took a turn and she had to quit her work as a nurse so there went our insurance...(I'm self employed sign guy).  We had to pay all of her medical bills out of pocket.  One therapy she was taking cost us $740 a month and she had more drs. than that.  Her meds ran about $600 a month.  But now we're on the rebound....she is on disability (that took 2 years to get) and our credit was in the tank.  So I told my wife we needed to get serious and climb out of that hole.....and we have!

Today I went to our bank, who turned us down 6 months ago and they approved us for a $5k line of credit and a CC w/ a CLI of $5k at....GET THIS....0% FOR 12 BILLING CYCLES!!  How kewl is that!!!  Plus she told me to come back with tax forms and she would get me a Business LOC for $10K.  So no more worrying about waiting for a check to come in so I can make payroll or so I can buy materials for the next job.

So fight the good fight!  Keep your head up.  This is NOT a quick fix.  You didn't create it overnight so don't expect it to go away overnight!  It can be done and you CAN do it!  So keep your head up, your focus on the goal and keep at it and you too will prevail!

Starting Score:
11/11/12 BEGIN REBUILD myFICO 584

11/11/13 ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! myFICO 705
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Nola_Bee
Contributor

Re: VERY REWARDING DAY!! NICE TO BE ON THE PLUS SIDE!

Good Job! and Congrats!

Message 2 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 3 of 6
gtnitright
Regular Contributor

Congrats! Your post is very inspiring.. Hope your wife is doing better also!
Starting Score : EQ 635. TU 632 EX 635
Goal Score: 700. br >
.Nordstrom $800 Loft/$800 Cap 1/$3900 Amex BCE $9000br >
Message 4 of 6
MommomG08
Valued Member

Congrats! Sorry about everything you and your wife had to go through. Hope she's doing better!
Message 5 of 6
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the score increase! I truly hope your wife is doing better. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.