Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WFNNB--Paid Chargeoff removal advice?

tag
ablacksheare
Established Member

WFNNB--Paid Chargeoff removal advice?

Hi Forum,

I was taking a good look at this paid/chargeoff/collection from WFNNB/Express that is like a paperweight on my credit score. It being noted as Settled-less than full balance. I was wondering if anyone on the board has had success with having these marks removed from their report? Whats the best way of contacting them? Should I send a GW? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank You

Starting Score: TU:610(10/28/2010) EQ:575(10/28/2010)
Current Score: TU:640(11/6/2010) EQ:603(11/2/2010)
Goal Score: 710By January 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: WFNNB--Paid Chargeoff removal advice?

A GW is the right step. You certainly would want the word "settled" and/or "charge-off" removed (both are scored equally bad) and any lates too. Now I wouldn't be so eager to send a GW if the account is one of your oldest or if it was approaching 7 yrs from the DOFD.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: WFNNB--Paid Chargeoff removal advice?

Settled for less than the full amount is not just a "comment" in your CR.

It is based on the recordation, in your credit file, of the terms of payment.

Regardless, the status  of paid in full, settled for less, or not paid at all,does not affect the continued reporting of the original  OC.

FICO scores the occurance of the CO, and not its ultimate form of debt resolution or non-resolution.

You GW should be towards removal of the CO itself, not the status or comments.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.