Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your goals?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are your goals?

Aside from a stellar credit file? Is anyone working towards any particular goals like a house, car, business loan etc?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: What are your goals?

Home refi (I'll save a couple hundred k over life of loan) and good AMEX card for business travel and client expenditures.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd eventually like to buy a home. As simple as that sounds, for a single mom with two kids (one of whom had major medical bills) it's a loooong shot.

I'll settle for some measure of feeling stable, for feeling like I was in control of the money rather than just reacting constantly to the ebb and flow.

Message 3 of 10
ceejx
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Aside from a stellar credit file? Is anyone working towards any particular goals like a house, car, business loan etc?

My goal is to finally be approved for and use credit wisely.. since my military days I've been horribly bad with money, always owing, late payments, living paycheck to paycheck... six years ago I gave up credit completely (mostly because my credit was so screwed i coudln't get anything)  and now I realize that was just a bandaid, now I need to learn to have credit and exhibit self control with my credit and money and live within my means even if credit is available.. so for me it's mostly a means to an end of financial indepence.. except a bunch of benefits come along with it
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My immediate goal is to buy a house. I never thoughy I would grow to hate apt living, but I do. Give me a nice house wuth a backyard for my kids and dog to play in and I am golden!

Long term goal is to never cringe and want to hide under the table when my credit is pulled. I want my credit to be where I KNOW I can get approved for virtually anything.
Message 5 of 10
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

I want to buy a house in the next couple years.  Before coming on here, I knew my credit was not great, but not terrible; the free 3-bureau report I pulled in April in anticipation of getting a car loan gave me a FAKO of 642 (before I even knew what a FAKO was!).  But, I knew that I needed to get my act together well in advance of mortgage application time.  So now, I'm doing everything I can to build my score up for the future.  I've done just about all I can about the baddies in my past; getting the CO from Chase off my report was a huge relief, but I don't think I'm going to have much success trying to get GW deletions of the late payments on my SLs.  But, I'm going to try to establish another positive TL or two now, then spend the next year or two gardening, hoping that I can get from my current 648 up to a 720 or beyond before it's time to go for a mortgage.

Message 6 of 10
drkaje
Senior Contributor

In a few years, when finances are tight, get a good mortgage rate and not have to stress score on the application.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Message 7 of 10
jrcred
Valued Member

This is going to be such a long road for me.  I guess to try and make it seem like I'm making progress I set a bunch of milestones to check off along the way. 

1. get rid of collections - (1 down, 1 to go)
  2. rehab student loans - (in month 2 of this)
  3. get a few sub prime cards - (got a FP (yuck) and a cap 1 secured)
  4. get a few prime cards and get rid of starter cards - (this seems like it will never happen)
  5. refinance car - (have a cap 1 auto loan with a rate that should be criminal right now)
  6. have the ability to actually be picky about what I put in my wallet - (this will be a big day for me)

I'm honestly very thankful I've found these forums.  Not only have I learned an insane amount of stuff, it's nice to see other people having success in their rebuilding....gives me hope! 

Message 8 of 10
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@jrcred wrote:

6.  have the ability to actually be picky about what I put in my wallet - (this will be a big day for me)

+10  Im so looking forward to this as well.  As much as I complain about Crap1, Im glad they extended me credit.  Now only if they will GW or adust my car lates Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Message 9 of 10
takethat
Valued Member

LionLaw,

I too am looking to buy a home and I noticed you were successful with a CO from Chase. Could you please PM me any contact infor or advice you have for this? I have been trying for some time now!

Looks like you are doing a great job... hang in there!

Starting Score: EQ 618
Current Score: EQ 653, TU 674, EX 633
Goal Score: 720

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.