cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do I do next?

tag
adebtfreeme

What do I do next?

Hello u guys.. I've been a lurker for some years now but anywho I want to buy a house the earlier part of next year so I started last month working on my credit.. I started with 595 scoreI have three credit cards nfcu 6500 almost maxed out paid it down to 1500 balance..had cc for 4 years ... Capital one 600 almost max out paid down balance now 81 dollars.balane not reporting yet.(had card 2 year) Victoria secret 300 paid down to 62 dollars..(had card 1year). Installment loan from nfcu 7000.. Balance now 2333.... Never late on any of these accounts.... Now...had a debt with Comcast pfd. They removed it....have a paid collection from care credit sold to portfolio recovery waiting to hear back for gw early deletion( falls off in April 2017... Have a bill with capital accounts (dr office) for $174 requesting a pay for delete....score now is 684 fako tho.. I've been on the same job 10 years 15 in this field n I make 53000 a year...so what is my next step?? Trying to get in the upper 700s by May.. Btw thanks for the wealth of info on this site like pure gold!!!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Re: What do I do next?

Congrats on your great progress.

I would pull your actual scores here at myFICO and see where you actually are.  Then check the simulator to see what it recommends.  But I would think you are close, if not already there (for the scores you want).

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 2 of 7
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

A few things you can do right now as you work on your negatives

1- buy your real Fico scores so you know where you stand. Without this, your just shooting darts in the dark.

2- pay down your Cap1 account to zero.

3- pay down Vickys secret to zero.

3- pay down your Navy credit card account to $500

4- pay down your Navy installment account to $650

5- request early exclusion from the credit bureaus for your pra collection.

6- google hippa act for your medical collection.  

I have no doubt you Will be In prime shape come May of 2017.

After this, see where your scores are at.(but them again!) You might be pleasantly surprised.

Best credit wishes to you!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 3 of 7
adebtfreeme

Thank u!!
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@adebtfreeme wrote:
Hello u guys.. I've been a lurker for some years now but anywho I want to buy a house the earlier part of next year so I started last month working on my credit.. I started with 595 scoreI have three credit cards nfcu 6500 almost maxed out paid it down to 1500 balance..had cc for 4 years ... Capital one 600 almost max out paid down balance now 81 dollars.balane not reporting yet.(had card 2 year) Victoria secret 300 paid down to 62 dollars..(had card 1year). Installment loan from nfcu 7000.. Balance now 2333.... Never late on any of these accounts.... Now...had a debt with Comcast pfd. They removed it....have a paid collection from care credit sold to portfolio recovery waiting to hear back for gw early deletion( falls off in April 2017... Have a bill with capital accounts (dr office) for $174 requesting a pay for delete....score now is 684 fako tho.. I've been on the same job 10 years 15 in this field n I make 53000 a year...so what is my next step?? Trying to get in the upper 700s by May.. Btw thanks for the wealth of info on this site like pure gold!!!

You're not likely to get into the upper 700's without getting ALL of the derogs removed. And even then it may take some more aging of accounts.

Pay off the two smaller CC accounts completely. Reduce the NFCU card balance to under $650. Do not apply for any new credit.

Once those all report, pull your 3B reports from here to get your mortgage scores. FAKO's and FICO 8 scores are just not relevant to a home purchase.

I see you are a member of NFCU, are you a vet?

Message 5 of 7
adebtfreeme

Roger that!! Thank u.
Message 6 of 7
adebtfreeme

No. I wish!!! Thanks for the advice.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.