Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to Do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What to Do?

There is a NCO/Fin account on my report I called Equifax to see who the they were collecting they couldn't give me the answer. Also asked what was the DOFD they gave me the date of last activity is that the same? Anyway I called NCO?FIN and they have closed the account and sent it back to the OC this was done in 2006 stated the NCO customer services rep. But have verified everytime I disputed the account. And has even recently reported in April of 2009. How could this be? I don't understand how and account can be listed on your report with little to no information except the name of the collection copmpany and the balance. I would like to know where do I go from here. Do I DV NCO/FIN or PIF Reliant Energy? I would like this removed it is also listed under the accounts section instead of the collection part of my credit bureau. This account has a 120 days late listed as well, Correct me if I'm wrong a collection account can not report lates right?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What to Do?

I'd recommend pulling each report directly from the CRA. You can do so for free via annualcreditreport.com once a year. DOFD is not the same as DOLA. Your EQ report pulled directly from EQ will show DOFD. If this is on EX or TU, you'll also see the drop off date. In each case, you should see the OC.

If you are past SOL, then DV NCO. They'll tell you the OC's name and info.

A CA can report lates if reported in the accounts section.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've done that the collection account is only on Equifax no one else. I called EQ and the representative was only able to give me the date in which was presented on my report which showed date of last activity.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have a report directly from EQ?

What DOFD is being reported?

As mentioned, if beyond SOL or you can PIF, then DV.

It is being verified b/c of the automated system being used and the CA still has the account in their system.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.