Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why oh Why Wells Fargo?

tag
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

Why oh Why Wells Fargo?

I'm really starting to get fed up with banks stupidity, I dunno about you guys, but it seems in the past few months, banks have ate a big bowl of stupid. Everything that can happen to me, has.

Everything from being told 5 different answers, to being blatantly lied to, to being laughed at, hung up on, etc.

I could go off on a 5 page rant, but anyhow, today really took the cake.

After closing my WF secured card, I talked to a supervisor, who had been with WF for over 5 years, on how to dispute this 30 day late. 

He gave me an address to send a letter to. He told me to put my name, address, and social security number. I asked him if I needed to put my account number down, which I do not have, since I shredded the cards, he said "no, they can find it by SSN".

Two weeks later, and I get a letter today..and guess what? They basically said I'm SOL without an account number!

Two weeks, completely wasted. 

Farm and Fleet $3,000 (AU) Paypal Extras MC $1,500
Barclay's Apple Visa $1,200 QVC Qcard $800
Amazon Store Card $600 Discover $500
Walmart MC $400 Victoria's Secret $350
Credit One $300 Fingerhut $200
TU Fico 626

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
New_Beginning
Frequent Contributor

Re: Why oh Why Wells Fargo?

That's weired, they should have been able to locate your account with your SSN, if you were calling in for whatever reason if you didn't have the account number the SSN would be the next best thing. Sounds like someone didn't want to take the extra effort to locate your account.

Starting Score: EQ 615 (MyFICO) TU 588 (Walmart) EX 576 (EX Website) Started this journey 06/26/2014
Current Score: EQ 710 (MyFICO) TU 673 (Walmart) TU 726 (MyFICO) EX 706 (MyFICO) As of Sep 2015
Goal Score: 750 or higher across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

Now it gets weird...

I found the number for their dispute department and called it...

The rep said they can only remove lates if it was their fault, and won't remove it if it was mine.

They said when I first disputed it, it put a"dispute banner" on the late, and the "dispute banner" is lowering my score, not the actual late itself.

I've never in the several years of lurking here ever ever heard of such a thing.

TU Fico 626

Message 3 of 7
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

Called back, several times, over 5 minute intervals. 

Kept getting same person, asked for a Supervisor, the rep replied "I AM the supervisor".

I asked her what a "dispute banner was".

She said "Anytime you dispute a Wells Fargo account, whether  through us, or you credit bureaus, it adds a dispute banner, and unless you call it in, it stays on your report".

I asked her "does the dispute banner lower my score"? She said yes.

I asked her "does the 30 day late lower it as well"? She said yes.

I asked her "so your telling me, any time I dispute something with Wells Fargo, they just add a dispute banner, lowering my score". 

She said (rather rudely) "Yes, whether with us, your credit bureaus, or the BBB, anytime you dispute an item, we add a dispute banner and it lowers your score".

I told her "I paid on time for 6 months" She said "don't matter".

Seriously, what kind of hell is this? All the money we paid in taxes, which in turned bailed their rear ends out, and this is how they treat us?

TU Fico 626

Message 4 of 7
cluelessoregonguy
Contributor

Good luck with these goofballs. The stories I could tell about WF. They love to take your deposit and stick it in the wrong account + giggle merrily while watching you and your debit card unknowingly rack up $100s of overdraft transfer fees while on vacation. It's almost as funny as what they like to do with tax return checks. They're creative at least.

Message 5 of 7
alienfico
Frequent Contributor

I am sorry you are having such a time with WF.  I have never dealt with them, and based upon what I'm reading I will probably stay far away.....but can't you call their EO for their bankcards and plead your case?  Maybe higher up the food chain (salary chain) maybe their neurons are more active in their brains.

Hope this gets resolved for you.  

Starting: TU:515, EX:521, EQ:528
Current: TU:700 EX:706 EQ:674
FICO Goal: 725
Cap1 Venture $11,000AU, First Progress $500, Cap1 QS $1750, FH$600, Open Sky $300, Cap1 $500, BestBuy $1500 Target $1800
Message 6 of 7
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

AFAIK, WF does not have a EO for their credit cards, just banking. 

I submitted a BBB complaint, asking them to remove it. The BBB said the business should respond in 10 days or less. I was able to dispute it as well with EQ and TU.

Acording to what I read online, one 30 day late can hurt your fico up to 90 points!!

TU Fico 626

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.