cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

? about getting a collection deleted?

tag
CedtheEntnr

? about getting a collection deleted?

I'm trying to purchase a house becuse me and my wifes burnt down 3 weeks ago. I have a utility collection thats on my report that is 5 years old. My mortgage lender informed me not to pay this collection off because it would hurt my credit. Well we moved back to the city where the utilities collection was from and put the lease to the apt in my wifes name but unfortunately i had to be put on the contract as well. When we went to get our utilities turned on i had to give them my info as well and was told the only way we can get utilities turned on was for me to pay my past balance. My ? is since i payed the actual utilities company instead of the collection agency is there anyway to dispute this seeing how i dont owe the collection agency anymore?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: ? about getting a collection deleted?

I would call them and let them know the account is satisfied through the OC.  They will verify with them.There should be no problem having them to send the UDF to the cra's for removal.

Message 2 of 3
chevyman
Contributor

Re: ? about getting a collection deleted?

If that will work for mine utility collection would be happy to go in and pay
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.