Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

goodwill letter help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

goodwill letter help

I am getting some goodwill letters together to try and take care of some negative marks on my credit report.  I have multiple accounts with the same creditor that i am hoping to improve.  My question is "Is it better to send an individual letter with each individual account, or put all the accounts on one goodwill letter since they are all going to same creditor.  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: goodwill letter help

Can you add some addtional information ??   Who is the creditor, and how many accounts ?   Are all the negatives on these accounts equally bad, or is one or two of them worse than the other(s)  ( like charged~off ) ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are three accounts with ACS student loans.  I would say all three were pretty bad.  Two of the accounts have 7 marks of 90 or more days late and one of the accounts has 4 marks of 90 or more days late.  I have been current for a little over two years.  Thanks

Message 3 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

They are three accounts with ACS student loans.  I would say all three were pretty bad.  Two of the accounts have 7 marks of 90 or more days late and one of the accounts has 4 marks of 90 or more days late.  I have been current for a little over two years.  Thanks

If this is the case then I would just send a single letter asking them to GW all of your accounts.   Explain the situation, and emphasize that you haven't missed any payments in years.   Hopefully they'll help you....

Message 4 of 6
rredstick9
Valued Member

I have the same stuation.  Can you send what you are writting to them so I have something to base mine off of?   Ihave never written a GW letter.

Message 5 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@rredstick9 wrote:

I have the same stuation.  Can you send what you are writting to them so I have something to base mine off of?   Ihave never written a GW letter.

Take a look at the goodwill primer in this list of threads from the sticikies....It has a link to sample goodwill letters.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Frequently-Requested-Threads/m-p/10675

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.