cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to remove charge off from credit report.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

how to remove charge off from credit report.

I had a depsoit charge off from a credit union. I deposit a check back in March. The rep at the time inform me when the check clear the fund will be available. The fund available in April. I left the U.S to travel at the end May. in July the credit union claim the check bounce back and they put the charge off on my credit report.  The paid the charge off in November when I come bacnk and heard about it. I filed complained with BBB and they claim to conact me several and refuse to remove the charge off. What step should I do to remove the charge off. I have good credit until they put charge off in my credit report. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: how to remove charge off from credit report.

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a depsoit charge off from a credit union. I deposit a check back in March. The rep at the time inform me when the check clear the fund will be available. The fund available in April. I left the U.S to travel at the end May. in July the credit union claim the check bounce back and they put the charge off on my credit report.  The paid the charge off in November when I come bacnk and heard about it. I filed complained with BBB and they claim to conact me several and refuse to remove the charge off. What step should I do to remove the charge off. I have good credit until they put charge off in my credit report. 

Welcome to MF and you should begin a campaign of good will letters to the CEO of the CU explaining the situation and that you have settled the matter in full. Here is the link for GW letters http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.