Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

open credit card, but no credit limit?

tag
skakid812
Established Member

open credit card, but no credit limit?

I have an Express card that I got a few years back.  Had a 30/60 and then a 30/60/90.  I recently paid off the entire balance which wasnt much (250 ish) and the card is still reporting as "open" and still reports a credit limit on my reports.  However, on the actual account management site it shows that I have 0.00 credit available with a 0.00 limit, what does this mean? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: open credit card, but no credit limit?

Is this an American Express charge card or an American Express revolving credit card? Call the creditor's customer service folks and verify what the current status really is. If they decided to not extend credit to you, I do not see why they would still be reporting the card as OPEN. I don't see how it helps you to have a tradeline open while having no accessible credit on it ... so I would request that it be closed ... expecially since you have some derogs on it anyway.

Message 2 of 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: open credit card, but no credit limit?

@skakid812 wrote:

I have an Express card that I got a few years back.  Had a 30/60 and then a 30/60/90.  I recently paid off the entire balance which wasnt much (250 ish) and the card is still reporting as "open" and still reports a credit limit on my reports.  However, on the actual account management site it shows that I have 0.00 credit available with a 0.00 limit, what does this mean? 

It looks like they never update your report.  Was the account CO'd or sent to collections?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.