cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pinnacle credit collection need help with next step!

tag
Underconstruction
Established Member

pinnacle credit collection need help with next step!

Ok so i have an old verizon wireless account being collected on by pinnacle credit services. according to the dofd on my reports this is past the SOL for my state (6 years). So i sent a DV letter and a few days later disputed this account with all 3 credit bureaus. Unknowingly at the time, giving them the "1-2 punch". 

its now been a couple weeks since the DV letter went out with no response, besides they have updated something with equifax i found out about through the scorewatch program here. What should i do next? here is exactly what scorewatch is showing me.

PINNACLE CREDIT SERVICES L
(XXX4423)
Show/Hide Details
Account opened: 4/2011
Description: Consumer disputes - reinvestigation in process
Consumer disputes this account information
Collection account
  Previously reported Newly reported Balance: $915   Past due: $915 $915 Status: At least 120 days or more than four payments past due At least 120 days or more than four payments past due Last activity: 4/1/2008 4/1/2008 Description: Consumer disputes - reinvestigation in process
Collection account
Consumer disputes - reinvestigation in process
Collection account
Contact: PINNACLE CREDIT SERVICES L, PO Box 640, Hopkins, MN, 553430640   •   (952) 939-8100
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: pinnacle credit collection need help with next step!

@Underconstruction wrote:

Ok so i have an old verizon wireless account being collected on by pinnacle credit services. according to the dofd on my reports this is past the SOL for my state (6 years). So i sent a DV letter and a few days later disputed this account with all 3 credit bureaus. Unknowingly at the time, giving them the "1-2 punch". 

its now been a couple weeks since the DV letter went out with no response, besides they have updated something with equifax i found out about through the scorewatch program here. What should i do next? here is exactly what scorewatch is showing me.

PINNACLE CREDIT SERVICES L
(XXX4423)
Show/Hide Details
Account opened: 4/2011
Description: Consumer disputes - reinvestigation in process
Collection account
  Previously reported Newly reported Balance: $915   Past due: $915 $915 Status: At least 120 days or more than four payments past due At least 120 days or more than four payments past due Last activity: 4/1/2008 4/1/2008 Description: Consumer disputes - reinvestigation in process
Collection account
Consumer disputes - reinvestigation in process
Collection account
Contact: PINNACLE CREDIT SERVICES L, PO Box 640, Hopkins, MN, 553430640   •   (952) 939-8100

The 1-2 punch cannot be discussed on this board. If the re-investigation does not produce the desired result,  it sticks to your CRs  and the debt is yours I would offer a PFD percentage to the CA, the older it gets the less you will offer. FYI a CA/JDB cannot report a payment history only an OC can.

Message 2 of 4
Underconstruction
Established Member

Like i said, i didnt even realize what i was doing with this "1-2 punch" thing i only came across it the night after i had inadvertenly did it.  This company (pinnacle) has been tearing my score down for around 2 years claiming i was behind on my payments. I didnt think that seemed quite right, now what to do about that is the question? hopefully the dispute will get it gone all together.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

did this ever get deleted?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.