Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remembering the past

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

remembering the past

As I come up on 2 years of abstinence from gambling and overspending, I looked at my past and the damage I did.  In 2010 I had over $70,000 in credit card debt, countless 120 day late payments, settlements and a $125,000 home equity debt that I'm still paying off.  The credit card debt is gone, I still owe $109,000 on the loan and have 6 credit cards with a balance of $100.  My credit score is 700, having dropped because of housing inquiries, a new car and a hard pull swap of a AMEX everyday to a BCE.  I still churn cards but only one new card in the past year.  4 last year.  2 closed cards this year, 3 closed cards last year.  I'm 55. I just hope people here don't do what I did.  I like to remind folks that credit can be dangerous but mildly profitable if you don't carry a balance.  Take care.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: remembering the past

Thanks so much and Congrats to you. You have such discipline. I have promised myself to not allow myself to get in the same situation I was in before.... The Universe willing I will heed your advice! Thanks again!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you opening up about your personal life as well as financial. I understand what you went through. Good luck to you in the future.

Message 3 of 4
righthererightnow
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for sharing your past. You've come a LONG way, and you're moving forward. It's inspiring. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.