Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car Tags In Miami, FL

tag
newstart2010
Blogger

Re: Car Tags In Miami, FL

yeah make sure you get them done asap.  Florida has a 30 days waiting period when you move before you have to get the tags changed.  if you do not do it within that time you can be fined, or even jailed.  stupid i know, but the truth.  Not that its likely to happen, but you never know how you might catch a situation.  lol
I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 11 of 18
DI
Super Contributor

@newstart2010 wrote:
yeah make sure you get them done asap.  Florida has a 30 days waiting period when you move before you have to get the tags changed.  if you do not do it within that time you can be fined, or even jailed.  stupid i know, but the truth.  Not that its likely to happen, but you never know how you might catch a situation.  lol

It will be the done within a week of my arriving to Miami.  That's why I'm planning so far in advance.  Thanks for the info! 

Now I just need to work on where I want to live.  

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our F-150 registration was $70.85 in December. 

Message 13 of 18
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Our F-150 registration was $70.85 in December. 

Awesome.  The first year, I won't save any money since, I have pay the initial $150 fee plus registration fee.  

Message 14 of 18
msdraglox
Regular Contributor

if you have not got your tag yet....please check around for prices...I am from miami and some places (if you do not go to the actual Department of motor vehicles) charge alot of extra fees for the tags, the first year I went to this place near FIU and I ended up paying 70 roughly for an auto renewal when it should have costed 40ish if i went to the DMV. I would also suggest purchasing the multi year tag, since they seem to be in the increasing tag prices for revenue in Florida. Good luck, I live in tallahassee now so I just go down to Dept of motor vehicles headquarters so I dont get ripped off.
Started at 586 EQ and 604 TU in 8/2009
565 EQ Oct 09
614 EQ Dec 09
624 EQ Feb 10 ---604 TU Jan 10
643 EQ March 10 --from lender
Current 573 TU (myfico) 632 EQ (from lender) Jan 11
Message 15 of 18
DI
Super Contributor

@msdraglox wrote:
if you have not got your tag yet....please check around for prices...I am from miami and some places (if you do not go to the actual Department of motor vehicles) charge alot of extra fees for the tags, the first year I went to this place near FIU and I ended up paying 70 roughly for an auto renewal when it should have costed 40ish if i went to the DMV. I would also suggest purchasing the multi year tag, since they seem to be in the increasing tag prices for revenue in Florida. Good luck, I live in tallahassee now so I just go down to Dept of motor vehicles headquarters so I dont get ripped off.

Thanks for the info. I won't need to renew my tag until August.  That's when I'll be relocating to MIA to attend FIU.  I'm going directly to DMV to get it.  

Message 16 of 18
soylentorange20
New Contributor

Having worked for the FL DMV many moons ago, the stickers are renewed every year in your birth month,

so if you're born in September, you would renew every September.

Depending on what kind of tag you get, the yearly fee varies. $46.60 sounds about right if you just getthe standard

FL plate design (w/the outline of the state and the deformed orange).If you get one of theSpeciality Plates

(of which FL has about 8 gazillion of), you have to pay a fee for the plate +the Registration Fee. I had a personalized

Florida State University tag that ran me close to $90 a year with all the fees. 

Hope this helps

EQ=699 (12/15/2011)
TU=660 (12/15/2011)

Trying to move on up
Message 17 of 18
DI
Super Contributor

@soylentorange20 wrote:

Having worked for the FL DMV many moons ago, the stickers are renewed every year in your birth month,

so if you're born in September, you would renew every September.

Depending on what kind of tag you get, the yearly fee varies. $46.60 sounds about right if you just getthe standard

FL plate design (w/the outline of the state and the deformed orange).If you get one of theSpeciality Plates

(of which FL has about 8 gazillion of), you have to pay a fee for the plate +the Registration Fee. I had a personalized

Florida State University tag that ran me close to $90 a year with all the fees. 

Hope this helps

Thanks

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.