Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car insurance rates

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Car insurance rates

I moved to the US just over 2 years ago at age 19, having to completely retake my driving test to get a license.

Despite having an advanced driving license in the UK with over 3 years worth of driving experience (on more challenging roads).

My insurance is insanely high which is so upsetting, but understandable...

My dream car one day would be a GM truck.

Rather a Silverado or a Yukon/Tahoe which I would prefer to lease over buying.

Just wondering, for people who may drive one or something similar, what do you pay monthly or yearly in insurance for one of these?

How old are you and do you own or lease?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Callandra
Valued Contributor

Re: Car insurance rates

I'm not sure what an advanced driving license means (we don't really use terms like that here) but the younger you are, the higher the insurance. Are you male? If so, you will be paying pretty high rates until you are 26 or so, that's just how it is here. When my fiance turned 26, he started going rate shopping and found places that were now half what he was paying before (of course his old insurance company wouldn't lower his rate so he switched). 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.