Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Entry?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Global Entry?

Does global entry help you anyway in terms of security in Domestic flights?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
tacpoly
Established Contributor

Re: Global Entry?

Yes.  Global Entry includes TSA Precheck. 

If you're near the Canadian border, you might want to get Nexus because it includes Global Entry and TSA Precheck for only $50.  The only drawback is that you need to be interviewed by a Canadian border official - hence my question about being near the Canadian border.  There are interview locations in Seattle as well, if I remember correctly. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I'm thinking of applying for the citi prestige and I think it gives the reimbursement for the price. So I pay the $100 for global and they give it back
Message 3 of 8
eddie84
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Does global entry help you anyway in terms of security in Domestic flights?

Personally I don't think it help in terms of security but it sure does expedite the process.  I fly international a few times a year and to be able to breeze through immigration and customs without having to wait in line is sure worth it.

Message 4 of 8
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

You do have to link your GOES number to your frequent flyer accounts to get TSA precheck to work (as I discovered when I got caught in a massive line at Atlanta - I forgeot to add my # to my Delta account).  And it is nice when coming back to the US, but it just means I wait longer at the baggage claim.

My wife also gets TSA precheck in the USA if she flies with me and I buy both tickets.

My only problem was getting to a place where I could be interviewed.  And now I have to do the same again to be reinterviewd to get it extended for another 5 years!

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 8
tacpoly
Established Contributor

@MidnightVoice wrote:

You do have to link your GOES number to your frequent flyer accounts to get TSA precheck to work (as I discovered when I got caught in a massive line at Atlanta - I forgeot to add my # to my Delta account).  And it is nice when coming back to the US, but it just means I wait longer at the baggage claim.

My wife also gets TSA precheck in the USA if she flies with me and I buy both tickets.

My only problem was getting to a place where I could be interviewed.  And now I have to do the same again to be reinterviewd to get it extended for another 5 years!

Yes, I added my Trusted Traveler number to all my Frequent Flyer accounts and make sure it is added when I buy tickets. 

An interview may not be necessary when renewing. 

I never check luggage; only carry-on for me.  I get out of the airport so quickly that it throws off my car service because they always add baggage retrieval time.  My last driver at Heathrow was shocked at how quickly I got out - I had to wait for him.  I told him I'm usually one of the first people off the plane and through passport control, so next time he should be there when the plane lands. 

Message 6 of 8
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

tacpoly wrote

It is for me - must be because I am a good-for-nothing damn imminigrant  Smiley Very Happy

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MidnightVoice wrote:

tacpoly wrote

It is for me - must be because I am a good-for-nothing damn imminigrant  Smiley Very Happy

MidnightVoice, remember America is a melting pot of immingrants. I live in a mining area where every one is an immigrant and at one time the number of native tongue languages was near impossible to overcome.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.