cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New PayPal Extras EMV Is Coming Next Month!!!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

New PayPal Extras EMV Is Coming Next Month!!!

I received an email about new PayPal Extras EMV will be here next month.  It looks like SYNCB has been busy changing all his Visa/MC to EMV cards.

Important Information Regarding Your PayPal Extras MasterCard - Yahoo Mail.png

Ron.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New PayPal Extras EMV Is Coming Next Month!!!

So cool!

Message 2 of 9
ddemari
Super Contributor

Nice! I got the same email for my Ebay mastercard. I like the paypal credit card with emv. Although, the ebay mc with emv looks nice too!

Message 3 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Thanks Ron. Got the same email this morning Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 9
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

How is this thread not about a credit card?!?  RIP death by smorg...

Message 5 of 9
nyancat
Established Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

Because they've decided that physical features of the credit card (chip, contactless, design, etc) have nothing to do with credit cards Smiley Happy One of the big things that made me lose interest in these forums...

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wacdenney wrote:

Because it's not. Lol.

Message 7 of 9
nyancat
Established Contributor

Yes it is. He's referring to the PayPal credit card not their prepaid debit card. For some odd reason FICO has decided that things physically about credit cards are somehow unrelated to credit cards. They only count account information, not the card itself, as being related to credit cards. Which is bizarre to say the least since they even exclude discussion on some account features (such as PIN support) if they're burned into the card (since PIN vs signature is a decision programmed on the chip, and the chip is a physical part of the credit card, it's unrelated to credit cards somehow seems to be the logic in their decision tree)
American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome sauce!!!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.