Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why the taboo

tag
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

why the taboo

Why are discussions about ms taboo on this forum. On one side the argument can be made that is not ethical. ..on the other side credit card companies Rate jack via penalty rates when they probaly need money the most. I stand somewhere in the middle. ...
The fact that this forum is associated with a cb and has advertisers should not create a negative association with it. ..conflict of interest anyone?

This was typed with my cell phone parson the bad grammar
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: why the taboo

Because it kept sparking big debates where neither side would back down.
Message 2 of 14
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Making mental note
no discussion of
Ms
Religion
Politics
Message 3 of 14
chalupaman
Super Contributor

I always found it kind of weird how backdating isn't off limits to talk about while what you're mentioning is but I always keep in mind that this site run directly by a credit reporting agency and that there are just topics that you can't talk about here publicly.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Because it kept sparking big debates where neither side would back down.

But sometimes we need the debate as it is good for us.  A healthy debate to get the blood boiling and the heart beating faster = long lifeSmiley Tongue  Sometimes I love me a heated argument.. He..he.. he

Message 5 of 14
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

I guess it's pick and choose
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. Pick and or choose wether you want to be part of this site or not.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes. Pick and or choose wether you want to be part of this site or not.

Agreed... But it gets stale after a while. That being said, there is a little thread here where I can get the exercise for my heart. Let ...me.. get.. over.. there...  Adios Amigos..Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 14
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Agreed....I just see the humor in it
With credit I believe to reach their own
Message 9 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Discussing MS is not taboo, advocating its' usage will get a thread removed.  

myFICO has several topics that are not discussed and may  be discussed on other credit related forums:

• B&?!age
  • disputing valid derogs
  • advocating the usage of MS
  • credit repair service

Google is your friend and with other sites advocating MS, you should not feel  limited in the topic. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.