Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any GW success with Direct Loans?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any GW success with Direct Loans?

I have a few 30 and 60 lates on my Direct Loans (federal student loans with the US Dept of Ed) that are on my credit report. Has anyone attempted to have similar lates removed, did you have success and how?

THANKS!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Any GW success with Direct Loans?

When did these lates happen??                                                                                                                    

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I havent had any luck  removing with my 60 and 90 day lates over 1 yr old. I tried gw letters and calling them. I think by law they have to report lates unless you were in deferment status

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

These lates are from late 2009. I had a pending deferral but it wasn't officially approved yet, so the lates were still reported even though the next month, the account was in deferral.

Anyone had any luck?

Message 4 of 13
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Reviving... anyone?

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope I tried GW letters disputes and everything by law they have to report them..... I gave up ... but good luck in your quest

Message 6 of 13
boogiesaveslives
Regular Contributor

I read on a previous thread that a few people have had success.  I sent GWs to two different addresses and received a letter saying to fax my credit report, which apparently is a good sign.  Others have received deletes after sending in their credit report.  Well, I have been waiting for about a month now and haven't heard a thing.  I check daily to see if DL has updated, but to no avail.  Direct loans hasn't reported anything since December for me.

I've still got my fingers crossed though!  

Unfortunately I can't find the fax number, but I found it on the boards here.  Search for it, fax over your GW letter with a copy of your credit reports and send up a prayer. 

Good luck!

Starting: TU 616 (VS) EQ 598 (FICO) EX 619 (FAKO)
Current: TU 660(FICO) EQ 702 (FICO) EX 716 (FICO)
Message 7 of 13
mystro9876
Regular Contributor

I HAD success for 2 of 3 60 day lates on my Direct Loans

I had 60 day lates from 3/09, 12/07, 03/05.  

Wrote them a GW letter and received a response saying they are going to delete two of the three (leaving the 03/05 one there).  I'm guessing they couldn't leave my account in perfect standing, but would leave the oldest one so it would have no impact on my score.

I F-ed up though.  within 30 days the two were deleted.   A month later I accidently disputed the late from 03/05 (thought it was my sallie mae account), and low and behold the other two lates came back.   I am either going to write them back, or forward EQ, EX and TU the letter stating they were going to delete. 

Anyways, it can be done!!

Message 8 of 13
credithappy
Regular Contributor

Could you please PM me your letters, so I can see if I can get the lates removed from my CRsSmiley HappySmiley Happy as well.  Thanks so much in advance.....

Amex Green - Amex BCP - Amex Everyday Card - Amex Rose Gold - Elan Visa - Xcel FCU Visa - Walmart MC - Sam's MC - Macy's - Bloomingdales - Nordstrom - Sam's Club CC - Discover IT and US Bank Visa FlexPerks - AMEX HHonors - NAVcheck - NAVcashRewards Sig Visa, NAVgoRewards MC, Chase Amazon VISA, BoA CashRewards VISA - Chase Marriott Reward Premier CC, Jetblue Card MC, PenFed Power CR Visa Signature Card, Chase Freedom, Nordy VISA and BBVA
Message 9 of 13
mystro9876
Regular Contributor

Done

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.