Valued Member
Jaade

Goodwill Letter Review

Hi, I have been working on writing a goodwill letter for my student loan past due payments and this is what I have come up with so far (personal info removed):

Xpress Loan Servicing

2400 Reynolds Rd.

Winston Salem, NC 27106-4606

Dear Sir:

I am writing a letter to express my gratitude to Xpress Loan Servicing for the professional and helpful service I received from your staff when I had two student loans being serviced by this company. The CSRs I spoke with were always polite and helpful. I would also like to submit a humble request regarding a past due payment in my credit files that I would like to have revised.

At the time that my loans were being serviced by your company, I fell on hard times, as many others did. I was a bill collector myself, the manager of the legal department at a local agency. Our commission rates were cut severely during the recession and I found myself struggling to keep up with my own obligations, these loans included. In spite of my best efforts, eventually I became late on my payments with Xpress Loan Servicing. As quickly as I was able, I caught up the payments. 

I am currently in the process of trying to rebuild my credit rating, and I have been paying my student loans on time, and moreso, ahead. I am requesting that you give me a second chance at a positive credit rating by revising my history with Xpress Loan Servicing with the Credit Reporting Agencies. I sincerely hope that there is redemption at Xpress Loan Servicing and I beg you for such consideration. Please let me know if any additional documentation would assist in reaching a positive outcome.

Regardless of your decision, please know that I thank you for helping me at a time when it was needed.

Very hopefully,

Any advice?

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Goodwill Letter Review

Looks good. I'd probably specifically state what I wanted removed (e.g. lates from x/xx to x/xx).

Valued Member
Jaade

Re: Goodwill Letter Review

Thanks!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}