Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How bad are those Sallie Mae 180 lates hurting my score after three years

tag
Simply827
Established Contributor

Re: How bad are those Sallie Mae 180 lates hurting my score after three years

danny4l wrote:

Do you recommend that I consolidate the loans?  Whenever I look at the Sallie Mae statement, all those different loans confuse me.

Am I thinking correctly in wanting to consolidate those loans into one or two loans?

If your loans are Federal you can indeed consolidate them. Note that this won't make the negative information on your old tradelines disappear. Also note that if you consolidate you may be limiting yourself in terms of flexible payment plans, payment term, etc. Do your research and make an informed decision.

You can call Sallie Mae and have them put your loans into specific billing groups so that they are easier to keep track of. For example I made billing groups separating my Private and Federal Loans. You may also choose to do it based on Sub/Unsub, or based on interest rate.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.