Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

in need of funding sources

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

in need of funding sources

Recently i applied for a student loan and becuase i dont have any established credit i was declined, when i tried to re apply with my mom i was also declined. Now im on verge of having to drop out of school because i dont have the money to pay for it and i dont have anyone who can cosign for me. what should i do?? who should i talk to?? i have nowhere else to turn?? can someone please advise me?? i have already taken out the federal loans that were offered, but that wasnt enough to cover the full cost. any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: in need of funding sources

Have you checked with the school financial aid office? They would be best qualified to help you. Sometimes they have access to things that aren't advertised.

@Anonymous wrote:

Recently i applied for a student loan and becuase i dont have any established credit i was declined, when i tried to re apply with my mom i was also declined. Now im on verge of having to drop out of school because i dont have the money to pay for it and i dont have anyone who can cosign for me. what should i do?? who should i talk to?? i have nowhere else to turn?? can someone please advise me?? i have already taken out the federal loans that were offered, but that wasnt enough to cover the full cost. any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Message 2 of 6
Kree
Established Contributor

What year are you in,

what is your gpa

have you failed any classes?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

im in my freshman year and i currently hold all A's on blackboard. I havent established a real GPA yet since im just starting out

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm confused if you are already in school I assume you already have loans in place, right?

What would the new loans be used to pay for?

Message 5 of 6
Kree
Established Contributor

Option 1.

Go to a community college. Many community colleges have guaranteed enrollment agreements, so after you take the rest of your freshman and sophmore classes, you can get right back into your previous school. This can save you 10-40k a year depending on where you are currently going.

Pros,

Saves lots of money up front.

Cons,

Paperwork,

might extend college by a semester if you can't get 100% equivalent classes at the CC.

Option 2.

Hunt for scholarships.  They literally throw money at people. A week's work filling out applications can net you 3-10k a semester. Even if you previously were declined some scholarships, keep at it.  There are so many out there, everyone that puts in the footwork will get atleast some money.

Option 3.

Do both.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.