Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Achieved Perfect FICO 8 Score at TransUnion

tag
whiteknight1971
Regular Contributor

Re: Achieved Perfect FICO 8 Score at TransUnion

Congratulations on a very AMAZING achievement !  Some of us like myself have scores far lower than yours, but it is inspiring to know that an 850 is possible !

Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone I'm new in the forum and I'm an the process rebuilding my credit ,filled bk 3 years 5 month, 3 months ago after I fill bk I ask my dougther to made me a co-signed of her amex and she got me one after that because of my behavior how to using amex CC I'd start getting offers from capital one believe it or not now I have 4 capital one credit cards with total of 25000 credit limit course the apr is a little too high but my revolving usedge is 18% no late or missing payments for the past 3 an half years my kk score Tra 698 Equifax 793 experian??? My question is I'm daying to have my own amex what is my chances to apply for Amex plenti and to be approved can some one give me hopes, should I wait a little longer or take a chance 

thanks

Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone. I'm new to posting on the myFICO message boards (or any message boards for that matter, just never used the internet that way) Anyway, forvgive me if this is already being done in another thread, but I'm curious: What if everyone just posted what their scores comprised of in relation to their reports? That way we could get a bead on what sort of info results in what sorts of scores.

I'll go first. I'm thinking of questions like these:

Current FICO?

My FICO, according to one bureau, is currently 668 and my scores are within 10 points of eachother across all three bureaus. The information is largely the same across the three bureaus give or take a collection account or a student loan. My credit profile is most complete on Experian, with most inquiries being directed to that bureau and all of my accounts being reported to that bureau.

Oldest account age? 

8.7 Years

Average age of accounts (AAoA)?

3 Years (according to FICO, which counts closed accounts) 

Time since negative?

4.7 Years.

How many different accounts do you have total? 

I currently have 17 accounts.

Any derogs?

3 accounts are derogatory and these include 2 small paid medical collections that are due to fall off in the next 6 months and 1 rehabbed student loan with 9 90 day (3 month) late derogs (basically I defaulted on it) or in other words, it was 270 days late. The student loan is my heaviest derog, I'm thinking it's depressing my score by at least 50 points and possibly as many as 100 in combination with my medical collection accounts.

Positive accounts?

My positive accounts with no derogs are 2 small (under $8K) paid off and closed student loans that are around 8-9 years old and 11 revolving accounts. Most of my revolving accounts were opened within the last 4 months because I went on an application spree. Only my 4 oldest revolving accounts are between 3 - 4 years old.

What is your highest credit limit (CL) revolving account?

$14,000

Lowest CL?

$5,000

What is your total credit limit across all revolving accounts?

$63,600

Average limit across all revolving accounts?

$63,000 / 11 = $5781

Utilization of revolving accounts?

10%

Highest individually utilized revolving account?

40%

Public Records

None

Installment loans?

None open currently, just 3 closed student loans 1 of which is derogatory and the other 2 positive accounts.

Do you have a mortgage?

Nope.

How old is your mortgage?

N/A

Do you have any recent (within the last year) inquiries?

Yes, 8

Any inquiries within the last 2 years?

Any new accounts within the last 2 years?

And lastly, what is your advice for others to achieve as high a score as possible?

If you're not going to need a very high credit score within the next 2 years (you have no plans on buying a car or a house) don't worry about inquries or opening up new accounts so much. In the long run (2 years), even with the inquiry dings and the AAoA ding, the net gain is almost always positive.

And that's basically it. I'm expecting / hoping my score to raise about 100 points once all of my derogs have fallen off in about 18 months. So I'm thinking I'll be between 750 - 770 then and then it'll just be a matter of possibly acquiring an installment loan or a mortgage and other than that, just time and waiting on my accounts to age until I reach an 850.

What do you guys think of this? Is it already being done in another thread? Thanks for reading. 

-Kaz

Message 23 of 27
cem13
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone I'm new in the forum and I'm an the process rebuilding my credit ,filled bk 3 years 5 month, 3 months ago after I fill bk I ask my dougther to made me a co-signed of her amex and she got me one after that because of my behavior how to using amex CC I'd start getting offers from capital one believe it or not now I have 4 capital one credit cards with total of 25000 credit limit course the apr is a little too high but my revolving usedge is 18% no late or missing payments for the past 3 an half years my kk score Tra 698 Equifax 793 experian??? My question is I'm daying to have my own amex what is my chances to apply for Amex plenti and to be approved can some one give me hopes, should I wait a little longer or take a chance 

thanks

AMEX is a 5 year wait after DC.  I was personally told this by AMEX.  There are many other cases of people on this board gettting the same message.

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your answers it really help me to not apply and get a no for approval, ok the wait is five years to apply w/ Amex how about to apply to chase slade what is my chances
Message 25 of 27
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

@s_haliz wrote:

OK Boss.....I am taking up the challenge......It may take sometime but I am committed to it. 

Best of luck!

Nice to see you are game for the challenge. I finally achieved a perfect Fico 8 Bankcard score of 900 at TransUnion in July 2015. It's tough but doable.

BTW where are you at currently?

Mine is 887 just a little shy of perfect 900 score as of 09/18/2015. 

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 26 of 27
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@s_haliz wrote:

OK Boss.....I am taking up the challenge......It may take sometime but I am committed to it. 

Mine is 887 just a little shy of perfect 900 score as of 09/18/2015. 

Looks like you got a 2nd Fico 8 classic 850 score.

How are those Fico 8 bankcard scores coming along? I got two to 900 but, EQ is being difficult.

BC Fico 8 double 900s.jpg

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.