Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Credit?

tag
righthererightnow
Frequent Contributor

Auto Credit?

Is there a way to build up good credit that will help an Auto Score? I want to get an auto loan this fall, and I've never had any auto loans, or anything specific to that (positive or negative).

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Auto Credit?

@righthererightnow wrote:

Is there a way to build up good credit that will help an Auto Score? I want to get an auto loan this fall, and I've never had any auto loans, or anything specific to that (positive or negative).

Same rule as current credit building, beyond paying on time and never missing a payment:

Have 3+ open credit cards, only one of which reporting a small balance when we're talking instant in time optimization, and have an open installment loan, if possible at a low utilization number (current balance vs. original balance).

If you don't have any installment history, go get some and get prettier (credit-wise) via:

Method:
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Adding-an-installment-loan-the-Share-Secu...

Gory Theory:
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Installment-tradeline-utilization-thread/...

        
Message 2 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

The above response should get you on the right track. Then, hopefully it will come together for you.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 4
righthererightnow
Frequent Contributor

Thank you, both. I have two credit cards currently, both new, and I'm making all of my payments on time, with low utilization. Fingers crossed! : )

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.