Administrator Emeritus
Barry

Bring us your non-FICO score experiences!

[ Edited ]
Has anyone out there had an experience where they thought the score they bought from another site was a real FICO score but it turned out to be a non-FICO score?

If so, how about sharing your non-FICO score experience with the community?

Thanks!

Message Edited by Barry on 08-02-2007 02:48 PM
In a past life I served as FICO consumer affairs manager and myFICO Forums community manager from 2007 to 2012. I'm now freelance writing about credit at SpeakingOfCredit.com.
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: Bring us your FAKO stories!

I bought scores from the CRAs for years before learning they were FAKOs. That realization never came until I went to buy my house 5 yrs ago. Unbenounced to me, my FICO was 60 pts lower than FAKO! I think the broker spent a good hour trying to explain the difference to my wife and I. Having been there, I know how frustrating this can be for those who are uneducated. In addition to CRA scores I used PrivacyGuard monitoring. I was so excited thinking how informed I was to be getting my "scores" once a month for $129 a year. Live and learn. :smileytongue:

Frequent Contributor
chartley3

Re: Bring us your FAKO stories!

I bought a vantagescore from Experian and was disappointed in one of the reasons they felt my score was low. It stated that my current mortgage loan was too low.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}