Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card utilization score bumps

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit card utilization score bumps

I know there's a bump at 50% and below 9%. Isn't there one in between somewhere like 25% or 30%?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit card utilization score bumps

There is supposedly one in the 30% range.
Message 2 of 9
fa4937

According to the Fair Isaac Scorecard(slide 8 0f 49), it goes as follows >50% = -18 ; 41 - 50 % = -10; 31 - 40% = -3; 16 - 30%= 5; and 0 - 15% = 15  
Message 3 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

fa4937 wrote:
According to the Fair Isaac Scorecard(slide 8 0f 49), it goes as follows >50% = -18 ; 41 - 50 % = -10; 31 - 40% = -3; 16 - 30%= 5; and 0 - 15% = 15  

I have seen these slides but I'm not so sure these same values apply with the newer FICO scoring models.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

So once all my balances are $0...I will gain 15 points?
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey all,
I understand the revolving accounts utilization issue, and am I correct in assuming its your total balances vs your total limits ( not just one card is at 5% and one is at 2% etc? ).

How does the installment loan amount factor in? For example, I just paid off a $2188 personal loan and I am going to be paying off my $16,500 car loan in the next few months. Does anyone know of a model that will show how much this will, if any, affect my credit score?

Thanks!

Dave.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

So the above message would imply about a 51 point swing between over 50% and under 10%.

Does that seem about right?
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those numbers are not right.
DW went from 29% to 42% and lost 44 points on EX, 21 on EQ.
Message 8 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

What are these "bump" points added or subtracted from?  %Util counts 30% of the 850, which would be a max of 255 points.  So the "base" from which these bump points are supposedly added or subtracted would necessarily have to be lower than 255.  Plus and minus numbers here just have no meaning to me.  Are you suggesting that one starts with 240, and can go up or down depending on his bracket?
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.