Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit score differences....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit score differences....

How come when I check my credit report 3 bureau score on one of the 40000 sites does my credit look good to go for a home loan, but when I have the lender run it, its about 50 points off from what I'm seeing???? now i have inquiries that are just going to drop it even more.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Credit score differences....

Message 2 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

To add...

You're limited on the places to get your FICO score.

You can only buy your EQ FICO from myFICO, your lender, or from Equifax.com (buyer beware: the scores they push are a FAKO, but your EQ FICO can be purchased through EQ).

You can only buy your TU FICO from myFICO or your lender.

Finally, you can only buy your EX FICO from your lender. As of a few years ago, Experian blocked consumer access to your own EX FICO.

Aside from the above, you can also get your FICO scores for free or at a reduced price. Banks and CUs will offer it as a benefit. M&T Bank, Unitus Community Credit Union, and Digital Credit Union each offer an EQ FICO. You can get your TU FICO from Wal-Mart or Merrick Bank if you have CCs with them. And you can get your EX FICO from PA State Employees Credit Union (PSECU) if you have a checking account with them. There are other CUs out there that will offer a FICO if you ask them as part of a benefit for being a member.

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.