Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputing paid judgments.

tag
willswim
Valued Member

Disputing paid judgments.

Under public records on my CR's I have 2 paid judgments for credit card charge offs and 1 paid state tax lien for approx $700. All are from between 2012 and 2013. None have any identifying info other than my name such as address, social security number, birth date etc. After reading about the changes coming concerning these public records in July I decided to try and dispute them with both Transunion and Equifax because I had recent CR's and I don't have a recent CR with Experian but plan to pull one soon.

Both Equifax and Transunion deleted the 2 paid judgements and Equifax verified the paid tax lien while Transunion shows this item as still a pending dispute. I got a 24 point bump on Transunion and a 22 point bump on Equifax. I still have other derogatory items such as missed payments and a couple of small paid medical collections.

Just wanted to share my experience and I will be disputing these same items with Experian as soon as I get a recent credit report pulled with them.

Dennis
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputing paid judgments.

What reason did you give for the disputes?

Message 2 of 8
willswim
Valued Member

One bureau did not show one of the judgements as paid, and neither bureau showed any of the identifying information now required for either of the judgements or the tax lien. For these reasons I used " This public record contains multiple inaccuracies, please verify the accuracy of all data." 

Dennis
Message 3 of 8
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

I'm pretty sure it's the judgement and lien that have to show the identifying information, not your credit report.  You would have to pull the actual judgements and/or liens from the courthouse records and see if your identifying information is listed.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 4 of 8
taekwon
Regular Contributor

A couple months ago I had success removing two paid judgements from all three of my CR too. They weren't due to age off until 2018 and 2019 but the disputes succesfully removed them. I got a 40+ jump in my scores.

Starting Scores: EQ 598, EX 566, TU 550, 3/31/13 ....... Goal Score: 830
Current Scores: EQ 845, EX 841, TU 836 ..................... Inq: EQ: 0, EX: 1, TU: 1

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taekwon wrote:

A couple months ago I had success removing two paid judgements from all three of my CR too. They weren't due to age off until 2018 and 2019 but the disputes succesfully removed them. I got a 40+ jump in my scores.

What reason did you give for your successful dispute?  Online or write-in dispute?

Message 6 of 8
taekwon
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@taekwon wrote:

What reason did you give for your successful dispute?  Online or write-in dispute?

TU and EQ I disputed online, on basis of accuracy. It took about 2 1/2 weeks and they were removed. Ex I disputed on the phone citing the accounts were too old to be on file. Five hours later they were removed. 

Starting Scores: EQ 598, EX 566, TU 550, 3/31/13 ....... Goal Score: 830
Current Scores: EQ 845, EX 841, TU 836 ..................... Inq: EQ: 0, EX: 1, TU: 1

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right now Exp is not deleting any tax liens til 6/1/17.   I have an IRS withdrawal notice from my id fraud and exp tonight said they will not delete til 6/1/17. They rejected my withdrawal notice. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.