New Visitor
PACKARD

Doing My Financial Homework

Please bare with me I am currently ini the process of searching for my dream home and I contact a mortgage company on 7/17/07 and they pulled my credit report my experian score is 661, TransUnion 624,and Equifax 622. I found another property that I liked and the seller told me that they would pay a portion of my closing cost if I used their preferred lender I contacted the same mortgage company but at a different location because this was one of the builders preferred lenders my score was pulled again on 8/07/07 and my experian was 666, trans union 624 and equifax 627.  I am not planning on purchasing a home until March or April of 2008 so I have began my homework.

I asked the lender and he stated that I have small balances on my cc accounts but they show close to the limit just a little over 50% which is affect my debt to income ratio for instance I have a cc with a limit of $850 and my balance is 490.74 and it is more than 50% my question is that if I pay off all of my cc some balances are as low as 107.00 but I always pay my cc 2-3 weeks before they are due if I pay these off will my middle score increase significantly. I am striving to get a score of 670 and I know I have some old collection accounts on my credit report and I plan to pay off two that was mentioned to me by on loan officer.
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: Doing My Financial Homework

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+