Contributor
tmbr10

Employment Credit Checks

I hope this is the proper forum to ask this question....

I run a small consulting business on the side and contract with several companies. I have a potential contract with an investing firm and they want to run a financial/credit history. I'm told what they look for are BK's and seriously delinquent account ( I have none of these and an 808 FICO :smileyhappy:). My question is, what type of credit hit should I look for? Is this a hard hit, soft hit, promotional hit? I don't mind a hard hit because the exposure and money from the contract would far outweigh a few (maybe 10) points off my FICO.  But I do treat my inquiries like gold.

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Employment Credit Checks

Most investment firms will run your credit when you open an account and when they do it is most always a hard pull. The point hit from that is a YMMV-thing. Most of my inquiries resulted in no score change. I imagine with a 800+ FICO, you are relatively free of new accounts or inquiries. Likely there might be a small hit.

Contributor
tmbr10

Re: Employment Credit Checks

Thanks for the reply. I'm not opening an account. I'm bidding on a contract. But I hope, worst case scenario, the same applies.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+