cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO 3B report only shows hard inquiries for 1 year period? Not two?

tag
FireDawg74

FICO 3B report only shows hard inquiries for 1 year period? Not two?

I receive my FICO 3B report monthly and noticed that it is only listing hard inquiries for a 1 year period. I was under the impression that hard inquiries are reported for two years, but only affect FICO scores for a period of 1 year. So, why are all three of my CR showing hard inquiries only back to March of 2017 and not further back? 

Since Fico only takes the past year of inquiries into its scoring model, is this the reason why it doesn’t report inquiries for the full two years? If I pulled my CR from the bureaus directly, would they still show the full two year history?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DemonHusker
Regular Contributor

Re: FICO 3B report only shows hard inquiries for 1 year period? Not two?

You are correct. And yes, your real CR report will show all hard inquiries for 2 years

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you pull your report from the bureaus directly or from some other third parties (CreditKarma, etc.), they will also list all hard inquiries you have within the 2 years.

Message 3 of 5
FireDawg74

Great, thank you for confirming this for me!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've noticed that my Fico 3B reports does not show the correct number of inquires for me. It says I have 8 inquiries on TU when I actually have 13 in the past year.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.